Subject: Request for contacts of national experts on vaccination acceptance and uptake, deadline 10 September
From: "Director" <[email-masked]>
To: "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>, "TA Info" <[email-masked]>, "Hanna Sepp" <[email-masked]>, "Otto Helve" <[email-masked]>, "Anne-Catherine VISO" <[email-masked]>, "Rexroth, Ute" <[email-masked]>, "Christakis Chatzichristodoulou" <[email-masked]>, <d
Cc: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>,Kärt Sõber <[email-masked]>, "Savolainen-Kopra Carita" <[email-masked]>, "Paula GARCIA-LOBATO" <[email-masked]>, "Lea Rathmachers" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "AnderHeidenMa" <[email-masked]>, "Theodora Kalomama" <[email-masked]>, "Dimitrios Paraskevis" <[email-masked]>, "phc.office" <[email-masked]>,Rezsőfi Judit <re
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2024 17:59:14 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To: National Coordinators of ECDC Coordinating Competent Bodies (Members)

Cc: National Coordinators of ECDC Coordinating Competent Bodies (Alternates)

Dear National Coordinators,

Warm greetings from Stockholm. Based on the feedback received, ECDC is 
currently updating the ECDC technical report “Facilitating 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/facilitating-covid-19-vaccination-acceptance-and-uptake> 
COVID-19 vaccination acceptance and uptake in the EU/EEA” with the aim of 
broadening the scope to include a wider range of vaccines, part of the life 
course vaccination approach. We are contacting you to identify an expert (or 
several) in your country who can help us to find national and/or regional 
examples of interventions to promote vaccination acceptance and uptake. This 
could be expert(s) working with social and behavioural science, health 
promotion, health education or risk communication within vaccine preventable 
diseases and/or vaccination.

We would be grateful if you could provide us with contact details for the 
expert(s) by latest Tuesday, 10 September. We will then make contact with 
them directly with a request for brief information of what they consider to 
be successful vaccination interventions in your country, through filling out 
a simple table.

By way of background, the ECDC technical report presents considerations for 
European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) countries when diagnosing 
barriers to the acceptance and uptake of vaccination, and designing and 
implementing interventions to increase uptake. An important chapter of the 
report features a table with examples of interventions that have been 
implemented in the EU/EEA relating to COVID-19 vaccination acceptance and 
update. In the context of the broadened scope of the updated report, we are 
looking to update this table.

As you may be aware, in summer 2023, ECDC collected information from the 
NFPs for Communication regarding initiatives about effective communication 
on vaccination that informed 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/challenges-and-approaches-effective-communication-around-benefit-and-risk-balance> 
an ECDC report published in May 2024.  This report will also be used to 
inform possible country examples and can be further discussed with the 
nominated expert(s).

Looking very much forward to your response and don’t hesitate to reach out 
for more details as needed at [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> .

Kind regards,

Dr Pamela Rendi-Wagner, MD, MSc, DMT&H

ECDC Director

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL